Saturday, April 30, 2022

Another ending

 

Another year


I’ll make more promises to myself

to remain faithful 

to the words.


Another year


For me to say: I’m still writing.

Dodging the work in favor of other 

activities.


I’ve been staring at the pieces of 

something

long enough

and hoping that the pieces

will magically transfigure themselves

Into a coherent 

Whole.


I know who I am kidding.

It is me, the one who is trying to be fooled.


I know what cures this disease.

I know it is time to stop sharpening the blade.

Time to begin cutting

Through sound

air

Various solids and liquids

ideas of all kinds.


Time to let the blood flow.

Let the blade fly and catch whatever is its path.

To do some damage, Devil please care


Please


Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.