Saturday, August 5, 2023

Peace Unlimited

 

I want to paddle out to the middle of the lake and sit with my eyes closed,

The canoe paddle across my hips.

Let the water lap against the boat. Feel the breeze gather a small steam around me in the margins,

Note The sound of bird song, rambling and arrhythmic.

Allow it to slur together

The gentle flow of nature’s soundtrack

Attuned to nothing and everything washing over me.


Here I will breathe 

with reckless abandon

let my lungs know their depth,

satisfy a hunger they didn’t know they had.

Take a moment and admire the peace

of this place.


Then, after a centering sigh of relief, an acknowledgement of my place in the center of this lake, this moment, and the great mystery that is the cosmos, push forth a shattering wail from the core of my misery.

Let it smother the birds mid-warble and the gentle waves and watch as it sets fire to this tepid, pleasant body of water’s sense of harmony.

Shriek after shriek.

Full-throated endorsements of my torment,

in a rush like phlegm dislodged.

In the shape of fits and coughs and gags.

Wailing

Snotting

Pleading.

Until my point is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.