Saturday, September 16, 2023

Boy in the Bubble (not featuring Paul Simon)

 


I’m a show pony

Rambling with incoherence and sweat and a directionless

chattering of my lips and teeth

slapping together

with the delirium of wisdom in a tighter space than

really should be allowed right about now

they’ll strap on my feedbag 

and send me out to the pasture

to put a pistol square on my forehead

and fire this bullet of confetti back into my brain

where I’ll dream of the range

before I was taken to be paraded

in front of the masses

shuffling and showing my gums

to check my value

against the barcode and the blue book

page

the one with the picture of me

smiling with a dead man’s grin

hugging the fence for dear life

and being so much more than they bargained for when they put the down payment on me slapped a harness on my back and corralled me with a whip and a chair to usher me out to the dusty trail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.