Saturday, February 24, 2024

Top 40

 

Give me that feel good jukebox snoring away

and let my dance partner be a real looker

in all the right ways, but with none of the attention from the onlooking crow lineup.

Let her move with grace to sound of the good lord’s own warbles

after we provide the proper tribute

in 25 cent intervals.


It’s that old time sneeze of a good time,

the sort that catches the moonshine behind your sweet tooth and stops itself clean in your cough box.


Go ahead and rock me, sweet lady.

Let me move through these steps and let the sound never come across cleaner.

A counter to the humdrum static slipping through the one good speaker and its bastard little brother.


Yeah I know the truth, girl.

Can’t help but shout it from the top of the counter

to a room full of people, maybe our own disciples

or maybe the ones who want the other guy 

and we’re destined for ol’ Golgotha off of Route 206,

Near to the air base 

And the litany of pines.


Bury me in bliss

Let these 3 minutes and 12 seconds

Purify me through the fire of a guitar solo as a bridge

Over my troubled river of a soul.

Make me gurgle and split out from the banks.

See me in all my glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.