Saturday, June 22, 2024

set it and forget it


give me/a new lease on my leash/my liege/contain me in a non-liminal space/free range and farting out my lineage/all in the movements/tear it down/burn an establishment/fear, now/I’ll let you know when the time is right/how much of time is even a factor/so much/borrowing from the language of the proles/like I am some sort of nobleman/like I have that kind of juice/fresh squeezed/unhappy accidents piling up in the shoulder lane/golden, like the past/unlimited salad and breadsticks with a pasta option/we’re all family now/send it up, an offering, in delicate flames/watch the way they saunter in their effective destruction/here is an eclipse, an appropriate darkness, lit only by the fire of our own making/haunting the skyline/another set of ghosts for the future to speculate about, find the finer points of existence/a feverish pace as the last ember turns to ash and falls back to my feet/I am once again thinking of newness-my relative purity in this filthy time/ash footprints all around us/who knew how well our tributes would take to the hunger of the flame/each of my ancestors will brush it from themselves, set up shop, and make their way in this iteration of a universe/salespeople, all of us/always selling and there’s never a shortage of customers/save your place in line now and act surprised when this one takes a direct hit from the mouth of the flame/there’s still so much to burn/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.