Saturday, June 1, 2024

Sunday Funday


little birds on my lawn/nests in the bushes next to my house/nests 

that start families/a neighborhood fox/homewrecker/engages in dastardly

plots for sunny side up bird eggs/unlimited mimosas and avocado toast/this

fox in its ostentatious hat, it knows how to brunch/does it for instagram/stupid hat

selfies in front of the nests, ruined by hunger/by natural impulse and an algorithm

feeding the fox a buffet of brunch picture comparisons/


bird corpses litter my front yard/nests ripped apart, left dangling in the bushes/disrupted 

and shredded/errant sticks on my front steps/no sign of the errant hurricane of influence, just the good bones of a nest made with something like love, snapping under my feet as i leave to find a meal for myself/we are out of avocados again

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.