Wednesday, April 27, 2022

A Path Away from Requirements

 

I am living in the simulation and the simulation’s sole goal is to get me Old Testament angry so I will snap and ruin everything for the people around me but I’m not going to let it dictate my thoughts and actions.


I am aware of the shortcomings of others like I am aware of the sun’s gradual growth to swallow the rest of us and I have to tell you that it is not a comfort to see the way these two become a perfect Venn Diagram.


All of my energy is dedicated to keeping the ground beneath me firm and real and not a tear in the fabric of time and space and the remnants of fossilized hopes and dreams.


Please remind me that I am still able to do the things I need to do when I fall short of expectations and leave everyone else wondering how it all went so wrong and why is Leonard sitting there in the corner with his teeth chattering and mumbling about heat death?


Fill the bucket with water and watch it drip out of the hole in the side and keep filling it until the water runs dry and the dependents realize that it’s going to be a long summer.


Give me the fix to what ails us and I will drink my fill of it and then share it with other inquiring minds.


I have said enough but I wonder if any of it will matter after I finally close my mouth and let silence have his say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.