Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Greek Tragedy in No Acts

 

Unsettled from the usual rigamarole

I opened the almanac to check what might be headed my way.


I found portraits of the skeletons of rats.

A portentous omen.

Perhaps I was to be double-crossed by

Someone 

from a long-buried past?


Perhaps, 

I am just paranoid.

No longer the warrior,

A reduction in sound.

A fragment of my initial splendor.


But then,

A cry from the backyard!


Onward, to Danger!


Cerberus, be warned!

My sword is still warm with the cleaving of small trees in my backyard

from this morning’s lawn care.

I am not so far removed

from glory.

You are not so far removed

From Hell.


I will meet door. Air will meet face. Hero will meet villain. Destiny will be faced.


A story will be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.