Saturday, July 20, 2024

Solara 1-3

I got the idea for this project from a co-conspirator who explained a process of beer making where someone uses wild yeast and plays with a common beer recipe but allows the various flora and fauna of the previous brews and their interactions with yeast/bacteria to make each common beer unique. The concept of something evolving over time based on previous iterations resonated with me. 

I started playing with AI images as I began constructing what will be the covers to some zines (the first being currently in my possession...but more on that later)/other works. As I worked with our AI overlords, I put a random draft of a poem into the prompt generator and then, using the picture it created as an influence, I wrote a new poem. This has now become something of an obsession. Here are the first 3 iterations of this. I'd love to know what you think about this.

I
I could sell you on a fast food dream/let you taste the sweet flame-broiled glory/let you in on a little secret/this dream-for you, for me-comes apart at the wrong temperatures/like an oil painting nightmare/running on the edges/watch as we all fall away/but, under 10 bucks/that right there, you know there’s no room for regret when you’ve got liquidity/riding in style/saving for another day/as the calories reach a high score/you know what we’re saying here, don’t you/


II.
Line ‘em up/like eternity/ill-equipped for a future that can’t be avoided/great celebratory gestures/we are clowns in the finery of business casual/muted pastels and conservative stripe patterns/fueling ourselves with cartoon dream, hometown delicacies/you won’t be able to tell us apart and I won’t be able to tell me apart and no one is going to know a whole lot/anymore/



III.

Denial of laughter/you’ll be in a window frame/observed by shadows/hand drawn spectacle/sharks and minnows where you are both/a silent majority watches you/honking their displeasure as a goose/and what is good for the gander/this was never humorous but my sides are splitting/just the same






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed prior to posting.